Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Visitor's Day...Round 3...or is it 4?

Sunday was Visitor's Day...again. Probably one of my least favorite days at NPH every few months. Every Visitor's Day, the kids get all dolled up, just to sit and wait for family and friends that they *hope* will show. It is incredibly depressing. In the meantime, the volunteers, teachers, and staff at NPH stick around on a Sunday morning to "entertain" the kids without visitors. I put entertain in quotes because let's be honest...not that much entertaining EVER goes on. Instead, all of the kids from the houses gather in a few select sections and then watch movies for the entirety of those 6 hours. On Sunday I was lucky enough to watch: "Bring it On", "Bring it On Again," and "Bring it On: In it to Win it"...in addition to select portions of "Bride Wars" and "13 Going on 30." In case anyone had any doubts, "Bring it On" is BY FAR superior to the others. I know you were waiting on pins and needles to find out. So was I when I was lucky enough to watch them all...

No comments:

Post a Comment