Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Being a Tia…Otra Vez

This week is Semana Santa aka Holy Week (more on Holy Week a little later…) As such, all of the tios and tias have off this week to be at home with their families and all of the volunteers are in charge of the sections as the sole caretakers. For those of us who began our year here in July, it is kind of like what we did at Christmas, only more and less stressful at the same time. Less stressful because we are with our own kids who we already know well and it’s only 5 days long. More Stressful because instead of working 2 days and having 2 days off, it’s just working 5 days straight. In addition, DEFINITELY more stressful because instead of the 11 kids I had in December, we have our ENTIRE section of kids – which for me and Corinna means 22 girls (including one new one who just entered our section yesterday.) I love the girls in my section but they are most certainly a HUGE handful. The nice thing is that by the end of Saturday I will be done being a tia FOREVER. Wish me luck and I’ll see you on the flip side!

1 comment: