Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Quick Trip Home With a Wonderful Ending

Hey folks! I apologize (otra vez) for my long absence from the blogging world. Things have been quite hectic here at NPH and in my life in general to say the least. Last weekend I went home for 5 days – I left Guatemala on a 6 am flight Thursday March 31, and returned back on Monday April 4. It was EXHAUSTING…but necessary.

My parents (the wonderful people that they are) went to TWENTY-ONE reception halls to look for mine and Jon’s wedding. Some were beautiful, some atrocious, yet like champs they trudged through the lot of them...only to realize that this was a VERY important decision that needed to be made VERY soon. As such, I was flown home and spent a whirlwind 3 days looking at venues, registering for gifts, and talking non-stop about weddings (not that that was a problem for me…I kinda like weddings…in case you didn’t know…) Anyhoo! All I can say is THANK THE LORD that Jon and I loved 2 of the first 3 places that we went (we had 7 scheduled and ended up cancelling the last 4 – WHEW!) Instead, we looked at 3, (and after a few tears on my end…why was that one place SO freaking ugly?) we quickly decided on one that we all loved and voila! Decision made! It was an INCREDIBLY fast and wonderful weekend but we got sooooooooo much done and we’re all hoping we can relax (at least a little bit) on the wedding planning until I come home in August…here’s hoping! And so….

The wedding of Jonathan Capozzola and Jessica Barak will be held on Sunday, October 7, 2012. The ceremony will take place at Abiding Presence Lutheran Church in Kings Park, with reception to follow at East Wind. Can’t wait to see you all there! Enjoy the pictures below for a quick preview :).

Jon and me looking at places…sooooo exhausting

The reception entrance!

Cocktail hour!

Outside patio of the cocktail hour…

Bridal suite! (If you think THAT mirror is big you should see the one in the bathroom!)

Reception room!

One of our tables ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment