Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ready to be Home

Today is April 12. I have now been living in Guatemala for over 9 months…and I am ready to go home. I never thought I’d say it. I have always had the travel bug and wanted to leave the US and all it's "creature comforts" that I swore I was "so over" and have been the stir-crazy-if-I-stay-in-the-same-place-for-too-long type (and maybe that’s a little part of the reason why I’m so ready to leave). Yet here it is. Nine months later and I’m completely 100% ready to be living in the comfortable United States with my never-ending array of television shows, 24-hour a day Chinese food delivery services, carpeting, RUNNING WATER IN MY HOUSE AT ALL TIMES (more on that in a bit…) and all the people I love most in the world by my side. Maybe it’s possible that I’ll even enjoy being back in New York? At this rate anything’s possible…

1 comment:

  1. here here! i say you betta enjoy being in NY, seee?!!!! i say you betta! i say i say!

    ReplyDelete