Monday, September 6, 2010

Computer Virus

For anyone who didn’t see my facebook status a few weeks ago it appears that computer viruses are handed out like candy here in Guatemala. More specifically, SOMEHOW the computer in the English Department developed a Trojan Horse virus. That name sounds familiar? Probably because it was very popular in the US about 10 years and kicked a lot of hard drive butt while it was there. And how lucky we are that it’s STILL AROUND here in Guatemala! Que Suerte!

The virus basically makes all files are your computer hidden, and it can reconfigure documents/antivirus software that is on your computer. Fortunately I caught it early. Our IT guy came to the English Department, cleared it from our English computer, then from my flash drive, as well as my computer. It seems I’m up and running again :) which means pictures soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment