Saturday, September 4, 2010

Texas Hold’em

My roommates and I have taken to playing a lot of card games lately. When you lack a radio, television, and internet connection, things start to get pretty well…old school. Some of our personal favorites include gin rummy, rummy 500 (and for any of the Capozzola/Perretti clan that might be reading this – I don’t EVER come in last. Just for the record…), then there’s also spit, BS, hearts, etc.

Last night one of my roommates, Michael, was talking about how he really misses playing poker. I replied that we could totally play and that the only catch was that I was going to wipe the floor with him. Michael, Sam, and I proceeded to look for “chips”…some sort of betting implement that we could use. Living in a pretty secluded place, betting chips aren’t so easy to come by. Instead, we found a bottle of Ibuprofen. Well, that would certainly do the trick…

We poured out the bottle and proceeded to divvy up the pieces. We played until almost 2 am, listening to some Counting Crows, and teaching Sam, the rookie of the bunch, the ins and outs of poker. When all was said and done we counted up what was left. I won by 4 pills. To Sam. (Thank you wonderful boyfriend for teaching me the ropes!) I think the two of us showed Michael that girls (even those who have just learned) know a thing or two about poker…

No comments:

Post a Comment