Saturday, September 4, 2010

Subway

I can’t tell you how much it bothers me when I’m in a foreign country to see other Americans sitting in an American restaurant chain. McDonald’s. Subway. Burger King. Taco Bell. You name it. They all make me equally pissed off. If you’re in a foreign country you should be enjoying the LOCAL cuisine. You can have Mickey D’s anytime! Lay off the hamburgers and go have some frijoles y arroz (beans and rice)!

That was, until this American food became the “foreign food” to me. I eat rice and beans and tortillas every day. All day. So today I did it. Today I was that annoying American you see sitting in the American food joint. Subway. And my LORD I cannot tell you how delicious it was. A foot long Italian club with lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives, oil and vinegar all on parmesan bread with 2 chocolate cookies. It tasted like a little bit of heaven. Don’t judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment