Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pneumonia

So the headline of this blog post kind of says it all. That’s right, I have pneumonia. I’ve had a pretty nasty cough for about a month now. At first I thought it was just a cough, so I took some Nyquil and called it a day. After about 2 weeks of endless coughing I visited the clinic, where Corinna, our resident volunteer doctora gave me some pills prescribed for a cough and a cold.

But after my weekend in El Salvador I developed a pain on the right side of my ribs and went back to the clinic. After listening to my lungs for a solid 4 minutes, she told me I had pneumonia. Bummer. She gave me a plethora of drugs for the pain, the cough, and the pneumonia, and I’ve been in bed resting A LOT this week. Tomorrow I^m off to Antigua to get an xray of my chest... Here’s hoping que me mejoro ahorita! (that I get better soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment