Thursday, December 23, 2010

American Food!

One day last week I was talking to Carrie and saying “I could totally go for a hot dog right now.” Now I do NOT remember the last time that I was actually CRAVING a hot dog, but then again I guess rice and beans three times a day will do that to you sometimes.

I never thought that I’d be able to find a hot dog here in Guatemala that wasn’t being sold on a street corner (sure I’ll eat a hot dog from a vendor on the streets of New York…but it’s a bit of a different story on the streets of Guate…) but then it happened.

Saturday morning we had a group of Mormons come from the capital to put on an activity for the kids full of piñatas, games, too much candy (per usual), and lunch which consisted of…AMERICAN FOOD!

For lunch we received: hot dogs, apples, break-and-bake chocolate chip cookies, kool-aid, AND NAPKINS. Let’s just say it was a VERY exciting food day here at NPH :).

Carrie being blown away by the presence of NAPKINS

Our AMAZING American meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment