Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No Words...

Last Wednesday the head of the English Department, Carlos, my “boss” of sorts, shut and locked his locker with all of his keys inside. Well. What better way to remove a lock from a locker than by finding a sledgehammer and busting it open? Oh DEAR what a funny sight – I wish I’d had my camera!

Carlos tried for a good 5 minutes before one of the other volunteers, Sharon, piped in “we should go get a kid to bust open this locker – they’re really good at it!” So, after trying his best, Carlos conceded and we brought in 2 kids who had been playing soccer on the “cancha” (clay court) outside of our classroom. The kids proceeded to work at lightning speed, hacking away at the lock. FORTUNATELY, they did NOT succeed in opening the lock (thank heaven – I was worried for a minute!) Instead, Carlos went down to the herraria, found a pair of bolt cutters, and chopped them in half. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment