Monday, August 23, 2010

Señorita NPH

So as I previously wrote, I’ve been sick quite a bit in the last few weeks. BUT one day that I wouldn’t have missed for the world was el primer día del aniversario de la escuela (the first day of the school’s anniversary.) That was the day of Señorita NPH – and how could you miss that??

Every year during the school’s anniversary NPH has a sort of “beauty pageant” of sorts. Each of the girls’ sections is able to elect 5 girls they would like to be included in the competition and then these girls participate in a full day’s worth of events including a “sports” competition (aka walking down the aisle dressed in sports garb…), an evening gown competition (again, walking down the aisle looking all fancy), and a question and answer round, which included questions such as, “what are some values that strong women should possess?” “how should a woman present herself?” and, my personal favorite, “does a woman’s opinion matter, yes or no, and why?” WHAT??? QUE RIDICULO!!

There were about 20 girls in this year’s competition, which lasted from about 9 am until 12:30 and I took a billion pictures (the girls were just too adorable!) At the end of the competition, awards were given to 4 girls: Niña de deportes, Niña NPH, Señorita de deportes, and Señorita NPH: the first two for the younger, elementary school aged girls and the last two for the basico, or middle school aged girls.

And the best part?? One of my girls, Lourdes, won the Niña de deportes!! I was so proud and she looked so adorable up on stage as she was given her sash!

Unfortunately my pictures aren’t uploading right now, but I’ll update them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment