Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So where exactly do I live...

Soooo Mom has been asking me for a while now for some pictures of my humble abode. well here, they are :) For now these are just pictures of MY actual house – I’ll put up pictures of the entire home soon-ish :)


THOSE are the 104 steps I have to climb every time I want to rejoin civilization from my house. It’s A LOT but my calves are looking good ;-)


My house – Casa 7 – at the bottom of the biggggg hill…


Our kitchen table and living room (and yes that is a hammock in the corner…)


More of our living room with 2 of the other new volunteers, Michael and Cassie


The kitchen area…


Our bathroom (don’t worry - we have an indoor bathroom sink, it’s just outside the bathroom door.)


Nuestra Pila – aka our kitchen sink…in the back of our house…unfortunately while we are lucky enough to have a bathroom sink in the house, we lack an indoor kitchen sink…it took some getting used to (and is still quite annoying) but hey – at least we have clean running water!


The outside of my locker (y fotos!)


The door to our room – decorated courtesy of me and Bridget


My part of my room – aka my bed, dresser, pictures :)


The other side of our room which houses our “bamboo monstrosity” as I like to call it – aka our makeshift closet!


My wall of pictures – hopefully you’re lucky enough to make an appearance ;-)

Enjoy - pictures of the home to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I SEE ME ON THE WALL OF PICTURES!

    Very cool. Totally stoked to see your casa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, its awesome and so modern. I saw our pictures on the wall too. Can't wait to see the rest of the orphanage. Thanks for sharing.
    I love you and miss you sooooo much. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete