Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One Month

So as of today, I have been living in Guatemala for one whole month! Where on EARTH has the time gone? I seriously can’t believe that I’ve already been here for that long, especially when it feels like it has flown by – but of course that’s a good thing :). I’m finally feeling more confident in my Spanish, my teaching skills, and my ability to budget my time for alllllllll of the things that I need to do here :). After our trip last week, I think the girls in my section are adjusting to having 2 new volunteers, and I’m finally learning more of the kids names at NPH (there are about 250 (give or take) that live here, not to mention the students I have who don’t live here AND all the local staff…it’s quite a lot of names!) Needless to say, things are going well and I’m looking forward to the next 11 months!

And in case I forgot to mention it…I really like it here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment