Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Terremoto

Sooo I don't really know how I forgot to mention this, but last week I experienced my first earthquake! I was on my lunch break, reading a book at my house in the living room. Everyone else except for my roommate, Bridget, and I had returned to work. All of a sudden I heard the glasses on our shelves in the kitchen start to rattle and I felt a little motion. It took me a good 3 seconds to realize that what I was feeling wasn't just the results of the yardwork going on outside...and then it took another 5 seconds before it was over.

I sat there for a minute, not really knowing what to do or say before I called into our room...
"Hey Bridge..."
"Yea"
"Did you feel that??"
"yea"
"Was that an earthquake?"
"I think so?"

Goes to show how much experience we north-easterners have with terremotos. Needless to say, it was eye opening, although harmless. I hope I can say the same for any and all terremotos I ever experience again.

No comments:

Post a Comment