Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting my nails did

Last Thursday we English teachers got an interesting proposition from one of my students, Alexander:

“How would you like to get a massage and manicure right now?”

Umm where do I sign up??

Alex lead us to the Belleza – the beauty workshop – where the kids have been learning how to give hand massages, manicures, and pedicures. I plopped down in a chair and relaxed myself as another of my students, Jhoselin, got to work on cutting my cuticles and giving me a massage. Although it certainly needed work, she definitely earned points for diligence, giving me an almost 20 minute hand massage – it was great! After that she got to work painting my nails – a French manicure. Now…it was FAR from the best manicure that I’ve ever received, but I can certainly say she tried and that she had an excellent sense of humor about it. Every time she would mess up she would just look me in the eyes and say “borralo” (erase it) wherein I’d wipe my hands on the towel and we’d start over…it took us a while…and even after roughly 30 minutes it was barely presentable, but it was a LOT of fun to say the least – talking to her about life and her future, gabbing on like school girls about boys – you name it. While my manicure left something to be desired – she definitely had the “therapist-style” manicurist vibe going on :-p.

No comments:

Post a Comment