Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Making something outta nothin.

As I’ve said many times before, when it comes to my año de servicio class, I’ve gotten just a tad bit lazy about planning. I mean – what’s to plan when you’re just hanging out with friends? Instead, we’ve started going with the flow – talking about what’s going on in our lives (aka we talk about weddings a lot…) and well…whatever else comes up. When I was working on the future tense with my tercero básico class we made fortune tellers (you know, those origami paper things). Well, when Elmer walked in and saw one – he made it pretty clear what we’d be doing in class that week…

I taught my kids how to make fortune tellers, we practiced the future tense, and then I taught them how to make origami balloons (courtesy of Aunt Patti :).) Elmer then proceeded to put them together and make me a pretty glorious black cat that's currently sitting on my desk. After that, Francis taught me how to make some figures out of little pieces of paper that then get stuffed together…completely in English! She would explain each part and I (with my eyes closed) would follow only the directions she told me – it was quite a funny experience to say the least – and a good lesson in miscommunication! Below are some pictures from our class :).

Francis working on her origami pieces...

Elmer with our creation

Our cat ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment