Thursday, June 9, 2011

Long awaited hellos and sad goodbyes

The past few weeks have been full of a LOT of ups and downs. Problems with my classes, fights between my girls, lack of respect on all fronts, disinterest in learning…you name it…but then again…loving hugs, kids who want to talk to you about English after class, and good friends…so then there’s that.

Regardless, the last few weeks have been some of the most difficult that I’ve had at NPH this year. To top off all my recent frustrations, Cassie, one of my closest friends here at NPH, decided to leave at the beginning of June so that she could get herself ready for grad school starting in August. While I’d known Cassie was planning on leaving early since roughly February, it didn’t make the transition any easier. We’d become really good friends, especially in recent months, and honestly, my house and NPH just aren’t really the same without her whimsical nature and hippy attitude :-p. Needless to say – my dear friend you are missed.

The only thing that truly helped me through this transition has been a visit by some very good friends. Three old volunteers (Sharon, Samantha, and Nicole) alllllllllll came to visit NPH within the last few weeks (and are still here – hooray!) I honestly don’t know what I’d do without all of them here right now! They have been an incredible comfort – listening to my complaints, understanding how the house works, but being far enough removed to give good advice while still listening with an open ear. It has been a blessing! I honestly didn’t understand how badly I had missed having the three of them here until they all showed up, one after another. And it makes me INSANELY happy to say that they will still be here for another week :). So – here’s to good friends that help us through the crazy times!

Cassie with her goodbye banner :(

Butttttttttt - Sam, Sharon, me, Nicole, and Erika hanging out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment