Friday, June 10, 2011

Winding Down

It’s true what they say. As your time here starts to come to an end it feels like life drifts into hyper speed. It feels like only minutes ago I was saying to myself (and anyone who would listen) “I STILL HAVE 3 MONTHS HERE HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE???”…which quickly turned into – “Wow only 8 weeks to go – that’s pretty crazy!” and is now rapidly approaching – “Oh my gosh I’m leaving in FIVE weeks – I have so much left to do!”

So here I am, in hyper drive, looking forward to the future and what lays behind the next door…while dreading allllllllllllllll the things I still need to accomplish as a volunteer in the short 36 days that I have left in Guatemala! Entonces…here is a running list of everything I need to complete before it’s time to move on to my next big adventure…wish me luck!

1. Finish planning and teaching the 43 classes I have left! WOW!
2. Plan a week of lessons for the incoming teacher
3. Turn in 3 sets of grades
4. Write a letter to the incoming teacher about my classes/ students/ schedules/ discipline systems/ homework/ everything-that-goes-into-teaching-classes-at-NPH…
5. Write up what it is to be an English Teacher at NPH for any new incoming volunteers
6. Create a volunteer testimonial for the NPH website
7. Fill out the “End of the Year” Evaluation
8. Finish all my last minute shopping in Antigua (yes it’s true – there ARE still Guatemalan things that I haven’t purchased yet…)
9. Have my despedida (aka a going away party with the girls in my section)
10. Write every memory that’s worth writing about in the 24 journals of the current volunteers who I have been living with/working with/laughing with/suffering with/learning with for the past 6 months to a year.

Oh boy it’s going to be a quick 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment