Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Home again home again jiggidy jig

I can’t believe my whole week in the states is already over. I knew it was going to fly by, but I guess I was assuming I would have time to stop and just…do nothing. Clearly that didn’t happen. While it was a VERY fast trip – it was WONDERFUL being home: TONS of delicious foods that were never the same (can’t tell you how much I miss bacon…and hot chocolate…and my mom’s pasta sauce…), hot water that comes from a sink – what a novel idea!, carpeting (but seriously.), and obviously lots and lots of people who I love. I didn’t think it was going to be this hard to go back to Guatemala…I mean – I LOVE my job, I LOVE my kids, I LOVE living in Guatemala…but nonetheless, yesterday was hard. I already dearly miss all the aforementioned things…good thing I’ll be back home at the end of December! Very much looking forward to my next visit :).

No comments:

Post a Comment