Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day ;-)

Yesterday we had sort of a “staff appreciation lunch-in,” Guatemala style. The ENTIRE staff of NPH rode the bus to get to a fancy restaurant in Antigua for an AWESOME lunch of pork, gravy, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies…I think only the volunteers actually enjoyed the food, but it was INCREDIBLY delicious :). After eating, we received raffle tickets and had the chance to receive some sweet prizes including items made by the kids (candelabras, pencil holders, cabinets), outdoor folding chairs, loaves of bread (those people weren’t too thrilled with their prizes…), bags of candy, flip flops, and appliances. When my number was called I really had NO idea what to expect. And then I received…an electric mixer! At first I was really confused…then, when my confusion subsided, I was THRILLED! It’s gunna be sooooo much easier to make delicious baked goods having a mixer :). Well, what I mean to say is, it’s going to be a million times easier for OTHER people to make ME baked goods using MY electric mixer – calidad ;-)

1 comment: