Saturday, November 6, 2010

JUST DANCE

Last night I went to my section fully prepared to watch a movie with my girls. I arrived at the section with my laptop and 3 “movies” – Hitch, and 2 of Jon’s sister’s dance videos from past recitals. Once there, I went to go ask the tia, Janna, (aka another volunteer) if we could watch a movie – but she was nowhere to be found! So, while waiting for her return, I showed the girls TONS of pictures of my family and every SINGLE picture I had of Jon on my computer (they couldn’t seem to get enough – QUE GUAPO (how good looking!) they all kept saying ;-).

Upon Janna’s return, I asked the girls which video they wanted to watch and there was a pretty resounding “DANCE” from everyone. They were ENTHRALLED by the fact that Jon’s sister, Alexandra, someone that I KNEW, was in the video. They responded to every new dance with “IS SHE HERE?? IS SHE HERE??” and every time she WAS in the video it was “where is she now?” “and now??” “and how about now???” and then came “CALIDAD” (which means “quality” aka “cool”). It was definitely interesting to see the girls experience something they never had before :) – calidad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment