Monday, November 29, 2010

Trabajo por la Navidad

Today we had a meeting to determine in what sections we would be working during Christmastime. Volunteers at NPH are asked to work as tios/tias (uncles and aunts who live in the sections with the kids) during the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas, so that the locals can go home and celebrate Christmas.

So where am I going to be spending the next 3 weeks of my life (starting on Friday)? With "The Luceros" - the 6 little babies between the ages of 2-4...of course including mijo, Tony :) I don't exactly envy the life of a tia - LONG hours (we work 2 days on, 2 days off), having to watch LOTS of little kids at the same time, lots of rules to follow...it's gunna be rough...I'm a little scared, but I'm also pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment