Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Excellent Memory :)

So what exactly is this post about? The fact that I have the best fiancé in the world, that’s what.

Before I left the US to come to Guatemala, I decided that if I was going to be in a foreign country, without television or constant internet, it was high time to take up a new hobby. So! Being the industrious person I am, I decided that calligraphy would be an excellent choice – easily packable (in a suitcase needing to weigh less than 50 pounds) and something that I would have enough time to devote to. Unfortunately for me, while I’m capable of thinking ahead, this thinking sometimes stops wayyyy before the doing…aka I never actually BOUGHT a calligraphy set. Enter my amazing, wonderful, can’t-believe-I’m-so-lucky-to-be-marrying-him fiancé :).

Last weekend I received a package from my incredible man. In it was: valentine’s day chocolates, granola bars, m&m’s, peanut butter, two cards (one in Spanish and one with pop-up flowers) and TWO calligraphy books. I was so excited/awed at the fact that he remembered (although let’s be honest – HE is the one with a memory of steel) that I immediately began to tear up. Since then, I’ve been working on my calligraphy skills and I have to say – I’m not half bad! I definitely think I’ll be ready to do some SERIOUS envelope addressing/place card creating in…oh I dunno….16 months give or take? Enjoy the photos of my new hobby (and yes – I WAS practicing my soon-to-be new last name…I mean it’s REALLY hard to spell so I gotta learn to get it right now!)



1 comment:

  1. dude nice work! interesting choice of a hobby but that's awesome.

    there's a lady at my church who does calligraphy and we're always asking her to address things and fill in books and stuff. so it is a useful skill!

    ReplyDelete