Sunday, February 6, 2011

Favorite pastimes…bringing ‘em back

I’m not exactly sure how it started…but either way it is fascinating. SOMEHOW the children here at NPH got their hands on 2 pairs of roller blades – apparently from some of the kids at the high school in Chimaltenango. Either way, every afternoon I get to sit at the comfort of my desk in the English department and watch the kids chase each other around the cancha (basketball court) to see who can catch the other person. Watching them is HYSTERICAL and reminds me of what it was like when I used to roller blade way back when...and I'm glad there haven't been many skinned knees or broken bones! What’s even funnier is watching all the kids as they are first learning how to skate – one minute standing, the next flat on their behind. I get a kick out of it every time :-p.

Marta, take 1.

Marta, 20 seconds later, take 2.

1 comment:

  1. Marta!!!! Tell her I miss her and love her!! And that I will gladly go rollerblading with her anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete