Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some days you gotta dance

On Monday night I went down to my section with Corinna to celebrate el dia de San Valentin with everyone. We arrived at the section and the girls were nowhere to be found! What? Not having an idea as to where they were, I started to wander around…and wandered right into the section of Dulce Corazon de Maria. Now, I love my little angelitos, but I think if I were to pick a section all over again, I might just have to pick these girls. They are an amazing group of young women – caring, friendly, loving, outgoing and ridiculous, yet still some of the sweetest teenagers I’ve ever met.

Anyhoo, on Monday I meandered into the section and plopped down on one of their amazingly comfy couches (thanks Sam!) I was sitting there talking with Sucely for approximately one minute before Rocio grabbed my arm to dance. “Enseñanos algo de los Estados!” (Teach us something from the states). What ensued was a mix of the most ridiculous dance moves I’ve ever danced in my life to the Black Eyed Peas’ “Boom Boom Pow” and some Shakira tunes...and the girls LOVED every minute of it…and I can’t wait to go back and bust a move otra vez ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment