Monday, February 14, 2011

Proyecto with Lidia and Oscar

I have never been less prepared for a project than I was for my project with Lidia and Oscar this past Saturday. I couldn’t get in touch with Lidia and somehow I forgot to go to Oscar’s section to check with his tios that he could go to project until the night before. Regardless of my lack of planning, that morning I got TONS of stuff ready – who knew what they would want to do? I packed my purse full of Uno, a pack of cards, a soccer ball, my computer/charger and movies, and all the necessary supplies to make fruit salad… just in case. I brought them up to the English room, walked out the door, and there was Lidia! Not only did she get my message, she showed up ON TIME. A HUGE feat for anyone living in Guatemala. Let alone a 16 year old :). Together, we headed down to Oscar’s section, chatted with the tio, and were off!


While the kids didn’t have too many opinions about what we did for project – that made for one of the best proyectos I’ve ever had. We decided together to walk into Parramos and just hang out. We played soccer for a while, then switched to Uno (where Lidia kicked our butts…) and then got some ice cream from a tienda there. After that, we returned to Uno, and again, Lidia kicked our booties (and unfortunately for me, Oscar kept picking green when I didn’t have any…

Look at that hand!

Overall it was a really wonderful project with two great kids :).

No comments:

Post a Comment