Friday, February 11, 2011

TWO proposals in TWO months??

Last night walking home from my section I ran into Oscar, an año de servicio who works in the baby house. Oscar is one of my favorite kids here – incredibly outgoing, funny, ALWAYS wanting to practice his English, ALWAYS wanting to annoy you by using all the ridiculous English phrases he knows (“You are creepy” – thanks Katie…). Anyway, the point is, he is an awesome kid who I really admire.

Last night, we ran into each other outside of the girls’ house, and he proceeded to declare his love for me (yes, it was a joke, don’t worry…) for approximately 10 minutes as he proposed to me. Our conversation went something like this (and all in English)…

Oscar: (down on one knee) Jessica, my love, how do you say “casar”?
Me: To marry. Why?
Oscar: Jessica, my love, will you to marry me?
Me: Oscar, are you drunk? (again…it was a joke…)
Oscar: Will you to marry me? It will make me very happy. You are my love!
Me: I’m sorry Oscar, but I can’t marry you…I’m already getting married, I already have a fiancé.
Oscar: (fake crying) BUT WHY – YOU BROKED MY HEART. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?
Me: I’m sorry Oscar, it’s going to be ok. I promise.
Oscar: But look at the moon! We can go to the moon – I will take you there.
Me: I’m sorry Oscar…are you sure you aren’t drunk?
Oscar: I want to death.
Me: It’s “I want to die.”
Oscar: I WANT TO DIE. WHY YOU LEAVE ME?
Me: Oscar, go back to the baby’s house – don’t you have work?
Oscar: Ok. I will go. But remember you are my love. Por Siempre (forever.)

What a lucky girl I am – two proposals in two months! Unfortunately for Oscar (but extremely fortunately for me) he can’t have me – I already found my “medio naranja” (my sweetheart and other half :).)

No comments:

Post a Comment