Tuesday, May 24, 2011

INSANITY

It finally happened. I started working out. Now don’t freak out – everything’s going to be okay.

Last week I was talking to one of the other volunteers, Meghan, and she told me that when she gets back to the states she wants to start doing P90X with her boyfriend (a 90 day workout video). I told her that I had both P90X and Insanity (a 9-week workout video) here with me in Guatemala. She got SOOOOOO excited and told me we were starting it tomorrow.

Now I know what you’re thinking: but Jess – you don’t work out. And it’s true – I DIDN’T. But times they are a changing. I’ve been getting pretty bored here in Guatemala and decided it was time to change my routine – so why not add a workout to my daily life? Also, it REALLY helped me that 5 of the other volunteers – Meghan, Katie, Erika, Thayer, and Molly – all decided to start the video on the same day – we’ve been very good support :).

Today was Day 7 – my first rest day – THANK GOD. I mean, I’ve worked out in the past, but NEVER like this. The workouts are 30-45 minutes a day of STRAIGHT Cardio. Needless to say, after only a week, I think I’ve now experienced pain in every muscle in my body, and also gotten a lot stronger (imagine that!) In addition, almost every day I look at this woman (the Asian one on the right):

And think – in just 63 days I WILL have abs like you. And I WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment