Friday, May 13, 2011

Out of Breath

I’m not a person who likes exercise. Or really any type of physical exertion haha! I prefer to read a good book, or snuggle, or watch a movie… Regardless, I think I often forget how much more exercise I get on a daily basis here just walking around NPH than I would get in a week in the states. First of all, not having a car is a big one. I walk everywhere. And even though Parramos isn’t that far away, it’s still a LOT further than I would probably ever walk in the states AND we’ve got plenty of hills. Secondly, the volunteer houses are on the side of a hill. To get to the bottom is 104 stairs. Granted, I don’t live in House 7 anymore, so I don’t walk down ALL those stairs but house 6 isn’t too far from the bottom and it’s still a long way up and down roughly 5-6 times a day! Anyhoo. The purpose of this post is to say after being lazy and on vacation for just ONE WEEK, it was insanely difficult to go back to walking those stairs. I mean, I’m normally a little out of breath walking up them every day, but this week has been REAL rough. I’m thinking maybe I’ll actually start an exercise regime when I get back to the states? Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment