Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Party at Erika’s

Last weekend (aka May 14th…sorry I’m a little behind…), our volunteer coordinator, Erika, decided to throw an impromptu dinner for all the volunteers at her house – what a nice treat :). Erika is a pretty wonderful cook so all of us were excited for the chance to go hang out and eat some delicious food!

We wandered over to Erika’s around 7:30 and arrived to a delicious treat – homemade guacamole (side note: yes. I eat guacamole practically every day for dinner. But it doesn’t make it any less awesome when someone ELSE does all the hard work and I just get to enjoy it ;-).) We got started on the wine and beer, some delicious guac, and got to know our newest staff member at NPH: Jader, our director of casa. While it was a little strange to have him at the dinner with all the volunteers, it was also nice to see that he was eager to get to know us AND had already learned most of our names – fairly impressive considering he’d only arrived about 3 days prior. We ate delicious pasta and salad, then scarfed down cookies, fruit, and ice cream from Sarita’s and well…had a bit too much of everything...

It was definitely a really great night with the volunteers. And what made it even better? Frannie. I LOVE Frannie. She is a volunteer from Italy who is just so much fun and a really cool person. She knows a billion languages and works her butt off and never complains. Anyhoo. Frannie had…a bit too much fun at Erika’s. Now, I’ve never seen her in such a state before but let’s just say while she’s a very outgoing and bubbly person, this was BY FAR the most outgoing and bubbly I’d ever seen her! I told her before we went to Erika’s that I didn’t have any pictures of her and that it needed to change…and she definitely took that advice to heart, swiping my camera and taking one amazing picture after the next :-p. Here are some of the winners from that night – enjoy! :)

Me and Frannie

Bridget and Cassie

Hannah, me, and Frannie

Molly and Frannie

Frannie making herself at home with Miguel and Karla

Karla and Molly practicing the quince "vals"

Frannie...looking after Sandro...

Hannah, Frannie, and me in the backseat driving home

Bien hecho Karla! Karla, Hannah, Frannie, me, and Miguel in the car!

Stitch, Frannie, and Molly (and yes...Frannie is on the phone with my boyfriend...)

FRANNIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment