Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Look into my Crystal Ball…

These past two weeks I’ve been covering the future tense with my Tercero Básico class (ya know – I will, you are going to, etc.) and I think the kids are really enjoying it…mostly because it’s easy…but also because I’ve been doing a lot of fun activities (today we read each other’s fortunes while wearing a ridiculous costume and using our “Crystal Ball” (aka an upside down Tupperware…)) and also lots of exercises to get them thinking about their own futures. On Monday for homework I told them to go home and write the 10 biggest goals that they have for their lives. On Tuesday in class, they shared their goals with one another. It was really amazing to see the aspirations that they have and want to accomplish – they have some big dreams :). Today in class I asked each of my students to pick their most important goal in life and write it on the board. I then took pictures of each of them to be given to them when they graduate from Básico. (I wish I could take credit for this AWESOME idea (and the crystal ball one for that matter) – but it all goes to Molly – you’re the best Mol!) Below are just some of the incredible, wonderful, and amazing dreams that my kids have for their futures :).

Rocio: I will study tourism in hotels.

Alexander: I will graduate from college and then I will be a good chef and I will cook rich food.

Mildred: I will achieve my goals.

Deic: I will graduate as a doctor and be somebody in life!!!

Suceli: I will graduate and be an engineer or a veteranarian.

Martin: I will travel to Italy.

Angel: I will start my own life.

1 comment: