Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Say WHAT???

A few weeks ago I collected my kids notebooks for a “notebook check,” making sure they had all the notes and everything that we had covered in class written down. For this notebook check we had covered several things: occupations, using A vs. AN, the present tense, forming sentences, colors, shapes, and interrogative words (who, what, where, etc.) While going through the notebook check I came across something interesting in one of my external student’s books:

Why did you shave it off?

Say WHAT??? I was expecting sentences like “What is your name?” “How old are you?” and “Where are you from?” I NEVER taught the verb “to shave” nor how to put it in a sentence like that. A little disturbing...a little impressive…but really?

No comments:

Post a Comment