Saturday, October 2, 2010

My notebook…

When I first arrived in Guatemala there were very few things that I wanted/needed to buy – I’ve already been to Guatemala, how many woven things in pretty colors can I possibly own?? Regardless, first on my list was a notebook so that I could keep track of important information such as: words to learn in Spanish, Spanish verb conjugations, my girls’ birthdays, etc.

Every day that I would go to the section the girls would always ask me if I brought a few things with me: books to read to them (which is next on my list), Uno (you know how that one turned out…), playing cards, and a pencil and paper. The latter are things I ALWAYS have in my bag – who knows when I’m going to hear a useful Spanish phrase or two! Anyhoo, the girls figured out that I always had my pen and paper with me and have been borrowing my notebook every day since then. They always tell me to wait until another day to read the messages that they write me, but I can never help it – they are just too adorable and usually include a picture or two :). Below is my favorite thus far (with the Spanish and the English version).

Para: Jessica De: Mariela
Hola! Como te encuentras bueno. Yo solo te quiero decir que tú eres muy buen onda con nosotras y compartes tus momentos con nosotras. Gracias por toda tu amistad que nos das y tu amor. Yo se que tú has dejado tu familia para poder visitarnos y ensenarnos todo lo que sabes y todo y espero que tu sabes que cuando te vayas nosotras siempre estaremos esperándote en todo momento. Y cuando quieras venir a visitarnos aquí estaremos esperándote. Tenemos gracias que dios nos permite vivir la vida. Nunca dejes de sonreír porque no sabes quién pueden enamorarse de ti y porque una sonrisa vale más que una palabra.
Att: Dios y yo
Nunca olvides que dios te ama.

For: Jessica From: Mariela
Hi! I hope this finds you well. I only want to tell you that you are a good person with us and you share your time with all of us. Thank you for all of your friendship that you give us and your love. I know that you have left your family to be able to visit us and teach us all that you know and all, and I hope you know that when you come to the section we are always waiting for you in that moment. And when you want to come visit us, we will be here waiting for you. We are grateful that God permits us to live life. Never leave behind your smile because you don’t know who can love you for it and because a smile is worth more than a word.
Attention: God and me
Never forget that God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment