Thursday, October 7, 2010

So much to learn…

Last night at my section the girls were doing there “aseos” (chores) and one asked me for help hand-washing her socks. “I would love to help but I have no idea HOW to properly hand-wash ANYTHING.” Enma proceeded to show me the correct form for using a pila while demonstrating proper hand-washing techniques for clothing.

After washing all of her socks she told me to wait outside for a minute. (Did I mention it felt like 10 below 0 outside??) She came back with a dirty rag for me to wash. “Primero, necessitas enguajar la cosa” – first you need to wet the object. “Next, rub the soap all over it.” Sadly, THIS was where my horrible form started to show. Apparently I’m not capable of using enough soap to even wash a dish towel rag. Perfect. After Enma had fixed my mistakes, she showed me how to rub the clothes on the ribbed pila to clean it. I was quite scared I was going to rub the skin RIGHT off my fingers, but she was an EXCELLENT teacher, taught me the ropes, AND kept my fingers intact :) – good lesson, but it made me VERY happy that we have working washers and dryers here…

No comments:

Post a Comment