Sunday, October 17, 2010

WAAAAYYYYY too much togetherness…

This past week all of the volunteers had a taller (workshop) to talk about problems that need to be addressed amongst the volunteers and to try to improve our communication and problem solving as a team. Aka it was WAAYYYYY too much time spent together. Regardless, while at first I thought the workshop was going to be a load of BS, it wasn’t all that bad. We talked, we explained, we communicated…sure I wish I didn’t have to sit in the same chair for 9 hours a day, but hey – it happens sometimes. In addition, we got to play some fun games such as “Red Rover,” (which is totally NOT meant for adults) where I found out how my roommate, Bridget, REALLY feels about me…meaning she kneed me in the shins as I charged towards her. What roommate LOVE! So what was the best part about the taller? All the bonding? 10 people sleeping in each room? All the sharing? No. The food. I don’t think I’ve eaten that much since arriving in Guatemala…and I don’t know if I’ll ever FIND that much good food again. Then again I’m pretty sure it’s a good thing I don’t see such food on a daily basis as I think I would explode! Oh well, now that we’re back at NPH I guess it’s back to black beans and tortillas…

No comments:

Post a Comment