Friday, October 8, 2010

Not Again!

After being here for over 3 months, you would think the illnesses would begin to subside. After all, I got parasites after about a month here, then got a cough/cold that quickly turned into pneumonia/bronchitis/we're still not really sure WHAT about 3 weeks later. After that, I had pains in my side that lasted me about 3 weeks (and which are FINALLY almost all the way gone).

Unfortunately, maybe Guatemala doesn't love me as much as I love Guatemala. Yesterday I woke up with shooting stomach pains and the sudden urge to vomit. Always a wonderful start to the day. Today, a trip to the clinic revealed that, surprise surprise, we're pretty sure I have parasites. AGAIN. I was TOTALLY mentally and emotionally prepared for my move to Guatemala, however, apparently I wasn't so physically prepared. While my head was in the right place, my stomach and the rest of my body still can't seem to get there.

Here's hoping my health improves before my trip to the states in TWO WEEKS! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment