Thursday, July 14, 2011

Celebrating Birthdays :)

Last Friday was Molly-girl’s birthday. Thayer, Erika, and I had decided we were going to surprise her with pancakes in the English Department…but Molly’s a fairly early riser…so first I needed to distract her and make her wait until 8 to go up to English where we were going to eat!

I decided to make her a smoothie, but it was still too early when we both woke up…so instead, I sat in my room for a good 30 minutes doing nothing…all the while with Molly wandering what the heck I was doing… At 7:50 I surprised her with a pineapple and banana smoothie (YUM) – and she was so happy! Little did she know about the awesome desayuno that was waiting for her in English! We arrived and SURPRISE! All the English teachers (me, Molly, Thayer, Marielos, and Carlos, and the new volunteer, Sam) and Erika (the honorary English teacher) had a wonderful breakfast together of chocolate chip pancakes, homemade whipped cream, and fresh strawberries :). Perfect!

Blowing out the candles in her pancakes!

The whole English Department :)

Thayer had made Molly a cake and so after work we all gathered in my house to smash her face in it :).

Happy birthday Mol!

Molly had a mordida...and then Karla wanted one too ;-)

Then we headed out for a DELICIOUS dinner at Ricky’s in Antigua (pizza!) with all of the volunteers, old and new, and for dancing at “La Sala.” Overall a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful girl!

Everyone at dinner!

With my fantastic roomie - Gine!

Last night out in Antigua...

With the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment