Friday, July 8, 2011

The newbies are here!

Sunday night after getting back from our gloriously relaxing beach weekend, we all headed out again to find all the newest volunteers at NPH Guatemala in town at La Familia, a local bar. It was crazy to wander into the restaurant and see the 9 of them there – remembering what it felt like to be in their shoes – how lost I felt, how little I understood in Spanish, the nervousness, the excitement. I remembered what it was like to be the newby and feel completely unsure of everything that I was doing…except for the fact that I was going to make it through this year…and yet here I am – nervousness and feelings of being lost aside…and I did it :). And so can you! So good luck los voluntarios nuevos and welcome to NPH Guatemala :).

No comments:

Post a Comment