Thursday, July 14, 2011

Playing Santa

On Saturday night I went down to my section, armed with a huge box of goodies for my girls. Each time I’d gone home this year, I’d come back with a little something extra for my girls. By the end of the year, it had amounted to a good bit of random things to surprise them with. So! Thayer and I spent some time last week putting together goodie bags for my girls complete with: pens, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, stickers, Play-Doh, silly bands (thanks to my brothers…), and toiletries (soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste), a picture for each of them, and a handwritten card. On Saturday I brought the box to the section and the girls were totally enthralled by it.

“What’s inside?” “What are you giving us?” “What’s the surprise??”

After about 2 hours of chores, cleaning, etc. (and suspense!), I finally opened the box and gave each of the girls their goodie bags and they were elated with everything in it – especially the toiletries – HUGE hit! I wish I’d had a camera to capture the moment – they were so appreciative and absolutely adorable :). I think I might maybe miss these girls a bit…

No comments:

Post a Comment