Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Picking up my BOOTS!

A few weeks ago Sam, Erika, and I went to Pastores to order custom made boots. How exciting! We arrived at Luis’ boot shop around lunchtime, explained the kind of boots we wanted, and got our feet measured, and then left for the week long wait before we could pick them up.

On Tuesday Erika and I headed back into Pastores to pick up my boots! We left from NPH at 1, as soon as lunch started, and began walking to Parramos to take the bus. We got roughly 300 meters outside of NPH before it started to drizzle…luckily I had an umbrella in my bag so we kept walking. And then it started to POUR…and we were almost in Parramos and ready to take the bus. We walked to the bus stop, already soaking wet, and got on the first bus. We rode to Pastores and got off just in time – before BUCKETS of rain started to fall from the sky. We went into Luis’ shop and he took out my boots…and they were BEAUTIFUL!!

So pretty!

MY BOOTS!

I absolutely love them! But unfortunately they still weren’t weatherproofed and we had to go back to NPH while it was still down-pouring. We waited outside of the boot shop for the bus and then ran onto it as fast as we could…me unfortunately unintentionally whacking a whole bunch of locals with my bag of boots… We got back to Parramos and then had to walk back through the LAKE that had formed in the middle of the main park in Parramos! We were literally soaked all the way up to our hips! We quickly maneuvered the streets until we got back to NPH. We walked inside the gate and began climbing the massive stairs when…THE DIRECT BUS PASSED RIGHT BY THE FRONT DOOR. Who would have thought? Regardless, it was a ridiculously funny adventure together and my boots look AWESOME ;-).

Me in my new boots!

1 comment: