Monday, July 4, 2011

ONE YEAR

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone keeps asking me if I’m excited about the 4th…but it’s hard for me to get excited when my favorite things about the holiday (apple pie, parades, marching bands, warm summer nights spent at the beach with family and friends, fireworks, barbeques, etc…) are so far away (ok maybe not the fireworks part…). Regardless, I have another reason to be especially excited about Independence Day 2011 – IT’S MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF BEING IN GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!!

I still can’t really get over it. Sometimes it feels like I’ve been here for ages. Other times it seems like this year has all been just one fast-moving blur…yet here I am – 365 days later. After all the waiting and wishing and hoping that I could make it through a year living abroad – here I am.

And I still can’t believe it.

This year has been so incredibly full of ups and downs… It has been by far the hardest year of my life, but I’ve also learned so much about myself and what I’m looking for in the future. I think after all this time…I’m ready for a fresh start.

Lucky for me I don’t have to wait too long – a fresh start begins in 12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment